Source: Gilbert Arenas set to make season debut in New York

By Michael Lee

Gilbert Arenas is set to make his season debut on Friday against the New York Knicks, a league source confirmed this morning. Arenas made it though the team's morning practice without any complications with his right ankle. He has missed the first three games of the season and hasn't played since he was limited to just three minutes, before suffering a mild groin strain on Oct. 14 against Milwaukee.

Before the practice, Coach Flip Saunders said the team would be cautious with Arenas. "He's had one and half practices in two-and-a-half, three weeks. We have to make sure he has a few practices to see how he reacts. We'll see if he has soreness. Just how he feels."

He must've been fine. When asked after practice if Arenas would play, the source said, "I would say yes." Arenas has not played a regular season game since scoring 19 points and dishing out 14 assists on Jan. 5 in Philadelphia. He received an indefinite suspension the following day from David Stern. It later turned into a 50-game suspension for bringing guns to the locker room at Verizon Center.

Saunders said on Thursday that he would likely stick with his regular starting lineup through the first three games, with or without Arenas. So, Arenas would probably come off the bench, as he did against Milwaukee a few weeks ago.

By Michael Lee  | November 5, 2010; 12:30 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Wizards ready for "bright lights" of Madison Square Garden
Next: Open thread: Wizards (1-2) at Knicks (2-2)

Comments

Come on Gil, stay healthy

Posted by: divi3 | November 5, 2010 12:45 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: EYoung77 | November 5, 2010 12:55 PM | Report abuse

Once Arenas is inserted back to the starting 5, which I believe he should be in the next game, then who will be called last Wall or Arenas?

Posted by: Dave381 | November 5, 2010 12:58 PM | Report abuse

Gotta be Wall, and it will be damn fishy if Gil plays tonight and misses Saturday

Posted by: divi3 | November 5, 2010 1:00 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: divi3 | November 5, 2010 1:00 PM

Get ready to pinch your nose. :-)

Posted by: artiesliver | November 5, 2010 1:08 PM | Report abuse

he better not miss saturday i'm going to that game.

Posted by: jefferu | November 5, 2010 1:13 PM | Report abuse

Its pretty official now that Arenas will make his return tonight but Flip said he'll probably keep him on the bench for the first 3 games or so. I would love for him to come in, play aggressive, and light it up but I think he'll probably be more of the role player type Gil that we saw in the 1st game or 2 of the Preseason and just try to fit in. He'll get more comfortable & get his timing back each game to where I have no doubt he'll start lighting it up again from the SG spot. He just has to get that Killer mindset back while still passing when needed.

This game could come down to Wall & the battle of the frontcourts. I think Wall could kill this NY defense if he wants although it would be alot easier if Gil was on the floor with him. The Knicks have been great on the boards lately and they love there center Mozgov but he's pretty slow & McGee ususally goes off against the Knicks. I could see him playing great. Dray is not back into form yet and some think Amare will kill him but I dont. I think he's the most overrated player in the league & Dray can easily hang with him if he's on point. Should be a fun game. NY will be hyped after last nights win at Chicago but we can spoil the homecoming.

PS- Is it weird that the most nervous moments in my life right now are when Gil is at the FT line? He averaged like 22.7 last year but he probably couldve been at like 24.5 if he shot FT's like he use to. Still, I would even settle for that Gil compared to the one that looked worst than Shaq this Preseason. Its such a downer to see Gil get to the line just to clang them that bad. He needs to start going behind his back again or something. Cant be losing out on those easy points from a guy who use to be a very good FT guy

Posted by: dlts2041 | November 5, 2010 1:15 PM | Report abuse

Wall will definitely be announced last. Im the biggest Gil fan there is and Im a bigger fan of him than I am Wall even though I love John also.

However, Wall was already introduced last in the Preseason, he's been introuduced last so far in the regular season, he's going to be with your team for longer because he's younger, he was the #1 pick in the draft, he's basically the new face of the Franchise, and even Gil gave him the keys to the team. I think Gil would want Wall to go last, atleast until he starts dominating again

Posted by: dlts2041 | November 5, 2010 1:18 PM | Report abuse

Amare was terrible last night, but he's cat quick and explosive....may run circles around Fat Dray until his conditioning is up.

I'd like to see Flip put Cartier on Gallinari, he shut him down in preseason- give him another shot. He's earned it.

Posted by: divi3 | November 5, 2010 1:21 PM | Report abuse

In my opinion, Gilbert is one of best players we have had in DC - yes better that Wes, yes better than Elvin, and yes better than Bobby D. Before this latest incidence he was a professional in all ways. As far as the crap in the shoe thing, not that I approve, but man if you have been in locker rooms for any time that really should not surprise you. I have seen heat in the jock strap, powder in the strap, sticky in the strap, players stuffed in lockers, players tied to poles, and so on. It is not always pretty in locker rooms and I am just fortuate enough not to be a target in any of that stuff. Back to Gill, I hope he can grow from all this and continue to be the best player and professional he can be. The team, the city, the state, and kids need Gilbert. I feel good when I see my son where Gilbert's jersey. My son has learned from all the good and from a little bit of the bad but the good far, far, far outweighs any wrong he has done and if you opened the closest I bet we all would want to close that door very quickly. Keep rockin Gill -you are the best. My son loves your game.

Posted by: Baller1122 | November 5, 2010 1:22 PM | Report abuse

I dont understand how people think gilbert
has lost it... almost 2 years no nba pounding
on his body.. and the dude got mad skills..
if and when he gets his game back...
that can be a killer front court... just give the man a chance... he has paid the price for his errors... just let him do the basketball jones thing... that what he is best at

Posted by: Icallemlikeiseethem | November 5, 2010 1:45 PM | Report abuse

I dont understand how people think gilbert
has lost it... almost 2 years no nba pounding
on his body.. and the dude got mad skills..
if and when he gets his game back...

Posted by: Icallemlikeiseethem | November 5, 2010 1:45 PM | Report abuse

"Anyone else get the sneaking suspicion that this could prove to be an audition for Dolan and a possible trade to D'Antoni and the Knicks...?Posted by: EYoung77"

I thought the Knicks were focused on Carmelo.

Posted by: Samson151 | November 5, 2010 1:46 PM | Report abuse

"In my opinion, Gilbert is one of best players we have had in DC - yes better that Wes, yes better than Elvin, and yes better than Bobby D. posted by baller1122"

Since you think so highly of Gil, which Wiz do you regard as better than he is?

Posted by: Samson151 | November 5, 2010 1:48 PM | Report abuse

You must be kidding comparing Gilbert to Wes Unseld, Elvin Hayes, or Bobby Dandridge. The first two are in the HOF and the third was a key member of championship teams in both Milwaukee and DC. He was one of the most underrated, clutch players of the 70's and was the player that put the old Bullets over the top in 1978 when they won the championship. Hayes and Unseld were key cogs in teams that went to the finals 4 times in the 1970's including an NBA championship in 1978.

Arenas has one a grand total of ONE playoff series. He choked horribly in the 2006 playoff series against Cleveland when the Wiz should have forced a Game 7. His career has been in a straight downhill trajectory since he injured his knee towards the end of the 2007 season. His behavior off the court has been an embarrassment to both the franchise and the NBA.

THERE IS NO COMPARISON BETWEEN ARENAS AND ANY OF THE BULLETS GREATS FROM THE PAST!!! I'D STILL TAKE PHIL CHENIER IN HIS PRIME OVER ARENAS ANY DAY OF THE WEEK!

Posted by: wizfan89 | November 5, 2010 1:54 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: EYoung77 | November 5, 2010 12:55 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Barno1 | November 5, 2010 1:56 PM | Report abuse

baller1122 - That is some pretty good stuff you are smoking! I agree Gil is one of our best, but Elvin Hayes, not a shot. Elvin was tied as the best big man we ever had, along with Bellamy, and one of the best players of all time. Unseld did not score but he kept other teams from controlling the paint and he started many fast breaks with rebounding and great outlet passes. He was our enforcer. I think Arenas would be great on an all-star team with those guys and Dandridge and Strickland (without the hot dogs).
C - Moses Malone, Unseld
PF - Hayes, Gus Johnson
SF - Dandridge, Grant/Ballard
PG - Strickland, Kevin Porter
SG - Arenas, Phil Chenier

Posted by: 1bmffwb | November 5, 2010 1:58 PM | Report abuse

The #1 worry I have about Dray is foul trouble or to be more specific, the results of it. Dray really sucks on D when he gets a quick foul. After that people thing he's getting lit up on D but he's just doing it because he doesnt want to get that 2nd foul & takened out. His problem is that he goes too far with it. He doesnt try at all on D after that and Amare is the type of guy who could get a quick foul on him & put us in trouble

Posted by: dlts2041 | November 5, 2010 1:58 PM | Report abuse

Hopefully Gil's return means that Wall and KH start playing reasonable minutes.

Posted by: divi3 | November 5, 2010 2:07 PM | Report abuse

the Knicks 3pt shooting was absurd last night....so hopefully they even out tonight and clank a bunch. But the perimeter D needs to be tight as they'll surely be launching'em after last night's torrid outing

Posted by: divi3 | November 5, 2010 2:09 PM | Report abuse

"No. And you're an idiot for suggesting this. It is painfully obvious that the Wizards have no interest in trading Arenas so all the Gil-haters need to grow up."

Posted by: Barno1 | November 5, 2010 1:56 PM

And how, exactly, is that "painfully obvious"?

Posted by: kalo_rama | November 5, 2010 2:18 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: G-Man11 | November 5, 2010 2:22 PM | Report abuse

"Because it is painfully obvious the Owner of the team likes Gil and wants him on the team."

Posted by: G-Man11 | November 5, 2010 2:22 PM

And how, exactly, is that "painfully obvious"?

Posted by: kalo_rama | November 5, 2010 2:31 PM | Report abuse

For all Bullets/Wiz historians, how can you put Arenas over Jeff Malone?

Posted by: bernard_thompson | November 5, 2010 2:38 PM | Report abuse

Ian Thomsen of SI.com did a redo of the '07 draft. some interesting choices.

Posted by: kalo_rama | November 5, 2010 2:39 PM | Report abuse

Easy killer. I'm as big a Gilbert fan as they come, but it'd be naive to think he's gonna play out his contract in a Wizards' uniform. I hope I'm wrong, though.

Posted by: EYoung77 | November 5, 2010 2:39 PM | Report abuse

You may think the Owner is being less than geniune about his desire to keep Gil, but he spoke on his genuiness too.

So, are you calling the Owner a liar? An owner who just took over the team. An owner with credibility.

I haven't.

Posted by: G-Man11 | November 5, 2010 2:45 PM | Report abuse

What is naive is those who think Gil will be traded with multiples years left on that contract, with a new Collective Bargaining Agreement that has yet to be established, looming.

Posted by: G-Man11 | November 5, 2010 2:49 PM | Report abuse

Ian Thomsen of SI.com did a redo of the '07 draft. some interesting choices.

So instead of Nick Young, we'd have Rudy Fernandez....a streaky shooter who doesnt play D and cant earn PT despite how great some people think he could be if only given the chance.

Posted by: divi3 | November 5, 2010 2:50 PM | Report abuse

I've forgiven Gil for the guns. But what he does on the court now will determine my opinion of him.

I've called him Agent N0thing or Absolute Zero for the past few months.

Redemption begins tonight.

Posted by: NWDC3 | November 5, 2010 2:51 PM | Report abuse

For all Bullets/Wiz historians, how can you put Arenas over Jeff Malone?

Posted by: bernard_thompson | November 5, 2010 2:38 PM | Report abuse

How many times did J Malone make the NBA All Star team? Not many I recall. Actually I think he made it once. Those Bullets teams were terrible, it almost pains me to even think back to those times. I bless the day Arenas came to DC. He changed this franchise from those terrible days. Even more so than the Webber/Howard experiment.

Posted by: 15600_sknfan | November 5, 2010 2:54 PM | Report abuse

This is the beginning of the best back court in the league. Both guards can get to the basket and score at will. When the clock winds down in a tight game, who would you guard for the 3; KH? Gil? NY? Yi? you can't double team everyone. Quick pass inside to Dre would likely draw the foul.

Last night Deng had a few steals...surely we'll pick their pockets clean tonight and should fair pretty good from beyond the arch. WELCOME BACK GIL! I HOPE YOU STAY A WHILE!! VIVA LA GIL

Posted by: Gooddad | November 5, 2010 2:55 PM | Report abuse

For all Bullets/Wiz historians, how can you put Arenas over Jeff Malone?

Posted by: bernard_thompson | November 5, 2010 2:38 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: 15600_sknfan | November 5, 2010 2:55 PM | Report abuse

I've called him Agent N0thing or Absolute Zero for the past few months.

Redemption begins tonight.

Posted by: NWDC3 | November 5, 2010 2:51 PM | Report abuse

I can dig it!

Posted by: 15600_sknfan | November 5, 2010 2:57 PM | Report abuse

I think folks need to engage their 'rational-meters' before flying off the handle on message boards. But, seeing as how they have a hard enough time with 'spellcheck', I should just save my breath.

Posted by: EYoung77 | November 5, 2010 3:02 PM | Report abuse

Amare will likely be a bit of a problem, they'll have to shift guys onto him to keep them fresh. It might be better to have McGee guard Amare in spots and let Dray deal with Mozgov.

But they also have to worry about guys like Chandler and Toney Douglas going off. I think Thornton will be able to handle Chandler, but if our last couple of games are any indication, Douglas, Felton, etc could cause us problems in pick-and-roll situations.

Posted by: ts35 | November 5, 2010 3:10 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: ts35 | November 5, 2010 3:15 PM | Report abuse

"Because everytime I see the Owner being interviewed, he talks about embracing Gil, he speaks of him in a manner of him being a Wizard for a long time. He doesn't speak of Gil as anything but an asset to the team. The most reason time the Owner was interviewed was before the game with Philly."

I think you're reading too much into that. Of course Leonsis wants Gil to feel welcome. He wants him to play and be productive. But what choice does he have? How does he find a trading partner for a guy with a massive contract who has only played in 47 games in 3 seasons (that's 19% for the math-inclined). And already managed to get himself fined $50K in the freaking preseason...

As charmging as the Gil-ster can be, that's a hell of a resume.

Posted by: Samson151 | November 5, 2010 3:16 PM | Report abuse

C - Moses Malone, Unseld
PF - Hayes, Gus Johnson
SF - Dandridge, Grant/Ballard
PG - Strickland, Kevin Porter
SG - Arenas, Phil Chenier
------------------------------
C - Unseld (Malone was done when he got here)
PF - Hayes, Gus Johnson (easy)
SF - Dandridge, (honorable mentions: Harvey Grant, Tom Gugliotta)
PG - Earl The Pearl (Honorable mention: Kevin Porter)
SG - Phil Chenier

Posted by: randysbailin | November 5, 2010 3:19 PM | Report abuse

Samson

Posted by: G-Man11 | November 5, 2010 3:24 PM | Report abuse

C - Moses Malone, Unseld
PF - Hayes, Gus Johnson
SF - Dandridge, Grant/Ballard
PG - Strickland, Kevin Porter
SG - Arenas, Phil Chenier
------------------------------
C - Unseld (Malone was done when he got here)
PF - Hayes, Gus Johnson (easy)
SF - Dandridge, (honorable mentions: Harvey Grant, Tom Gugliotta)
PG - Earl The Pearl (Honorable mention: Kevin Porter)
SG - Phil Chenier

Posted by: randysbailin | November 5, 2010 3:24 PM | Report abuse

C - Moses Malone, Unseld
PF - Hayes, Gus Johnson
SF - Dandridge, Grant/Ballard
PG - Strickland, Kevin Porter
SG - Arenas, Phil Chenier
------------------------------
C - Unseld (Malone was done when he got here)
PF - Hayes, Gus Johnson (easy)
SF - Dandridge, (honorable mentions: Harvey Grant, Tom Gugliotta)
PG - Earl The Pearl (Honorable mention: Kevin Porter)
SG - Phil Chenier

Posted by: randysbailin | November 5, 2010 3:29 PM | Report abuse

Samson

The Owner was dealt a hand that included Gil, and all the controversy surrounding him. The Owner can ask for a new card by giving up Gil for cap-space, but the deck is down to 1 or 2 worthless cards and there is no guarantee that he will get a card as high as the Gil-card.

Posted by: G-Man11 | November 5, 2010 3:31 PM | Report abuse

@1bmffwb:
You might want to add Chris Webber (PF) and Michael Jordan (SG/SF) to that list of best Bullets/Wizards.

Posted by: musicmanjr | November 5, 2010 3:33 PM | Report abuse

@1bmffwb:

Posted by: musicmanjr | November 5, 2010 3:37 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: EYoung77 | November 5, 2010 3:57 PM | Report abuse

"So if the owner can accept that Gil is just about untradeable and will be a Wizard, why can't the haters?Posted by: G-Man11"

I think people have accepted it. But I think there's a contingent that wishes things were different. Personally, if they traded Gil tomorrow, I'd figure the team will ultimately be better off, if not this season.

Posted by: Samson151 | November 5, 2010 3:57 PM | Report abuse

Soon to be followed by Arenas season ends early.

Posted by: 54465446 | November 5, 2010 3:57 PM | Report abuse

1bmffwb,

I like that Bullets/Wizards all-star team you listed, with one exception -- where's Jeff Malone? Jeff often gets overlooked when it comes to a discussion of Bullets/Wiz greats but it should be noted that he was a two-time all-star and one of the better shooting guards to ever don a Bullets uniform. That said, I don't know who he would/could/should replace on your list.

Posted by: bazookajoe1 | November 5, 2010 3:57 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: EYoung77 | November 5, 2010 3:57 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Miks | November 5, 2010 3:58 PM | Report abuse

"I think folks need to engage their 'rational-meters' before flying off the handle on message boards."

yeah, good luck with that.

Posted by: doogiex | November 5, 2010 4:02 PM | Report abuse

@1bmffwb:

Posted by: musicmanjr | November 5, 2010 4:02 PM | Report abuse

Dear Ted,
Go Bullets.

The best:
C - Unseld, Ruland/Mahorn, Dave Corzine (sick joke)
PF - Eeeeeeee! Gus Johnson, Mitch Kupchak
SF - Bobby D!!!!!!!! Antawn (yes, at the 3), and Dave Batton (joking)
PG - Earl The Pearl, KP!!!, Frank Johnson
SG - Phil Chenier

Best Gunners: Tim Legler, Rex Chapman.

Coach: Motta, Shue

Posted by: MikeNelmsReturns | November 5, 2010 4:02 PM | Report abuse

Biggest mistake of the decade - not dumping Agent Zero when they had the best chance - after the Gun incident in the locker room. Arenas will never be a real team player and will hold the team back as long as he's around.

Posted by: edtb1 | November 5, 2010 4:03 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: 15600_sknfan

This is exactly how I feel. Gilbert made the Wizards relevant. He also may have had the 3 best seasons of any Wizard/Bullet in 20+ years. He also did a lot of nice things for kids and schools in the community (I always liked how he gave his jersey to a kid after every game, payed his $200 for another, then did it next game). He might do too many things that make you question his judgment, but he is still a potentially great player and decent person.

Posted by: Dancy1 | November 5, 2010 4:04 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: G-Man11 | November 5, 2010 3:24 PM

Doesn't mean he wants Gilbert on the team and wouldn't trade him if he had the chance, which was sort of your original argument.

Posted by: artiesliver | November 5, 2010 4:05 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: G-Man11 | November 5, 2010 3:24 PM

Posted by: artiesliver | November 5, 2010 4:06 PM | Report abuse

A healthy Gil is still one of the best guards in the league. If he plays shooting guard he is one of the best outside shooters in the league that can drive to the rim and get fouled with the best of them. He can play point guard when Wall is out of the game. What if Wall or Hinrich get injured? The Wiz don't have anyone else good enough to backup. The question is will Saunders know how to rotate his guards.

Posted by: bobilly2 | November 5, 2010 4:10 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: bobilly2 | November 5, 2010 4:24 PM | Report abuse

On the subject regarding Gil, the Owner doesn't have to say anything. If he wants to or is trying to trade him, he can brush off the question. He doesn't do that. He speaks of re-embracing Gil. Who should re-embrace Gil? The fans of other NBA teams? NO!!! The fans of the Wizards."

It's painfully obvious that not a single word of that qualifies as being "painfully obvious" that he doesn't want to/isn't going to trade Arenas. All it means (to the extent that it means anything) is that he realizes that as long as Arenas is on the team it's in his best interest to make him feel wanted and engaged, to make him look and feel good. To do anything else would be to devalue an asset, and Leonsis is too smart a businessman to ever do that. Stroking Gilbert is the most likely way to get him to play well, which will benefit the team regardless of whether Leonsis does or doesn't want to/intend to trade him.. As for Leonsis liking Arenas . . . who cares? Owners trade players they like all the time, either for (A) players they like more or (B) money (which all owners like). He could love Arenas like a son, but he'd trade him in a heartbeat if a deal arose that benefited the team to do so. If he didn't do that, then wouldn't he basically be making the same mistake that Abe Pollin did?

"Ted has been speaking this way for months. Have you seen/heard anything from Ted that makes it painfully obvious that he wants to get rid of Gil?"

Posted by: G-Man11 | November 5, 2010 2:45 PM

STRAW MAN ALERT! STRAW MAN ALERT! DANGER WILL ROBINSON! DANGER!

Who said anything about it being "panfully obvious" that Leonsis wanted to trade him? No one, of course. The fact is that he hasn't given any "painfully obvious" cues to his intentions either way.

Bottom line is, we have no concrete idea what Leonsis's plans for Arenas are.

None.

Posted by: kalo_rama | November 5, 2010 4:25 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: G-Man11 | November 5, 2010 2:45 PM

STRAW MAN ALERT! STRAW MAN ALERT! DANGER WILL ROBINSON! DANGER!

Bottom line is, we have no concrete idea what Leonsis's plans for Arenas are.

None.

Posted by: kalo_rama | November 5, 2010 4:28 PM | Report abuse

"Because everytime I see the Owner being interviewed, he talks about embracing Gil, he speaks of him in a manner of him being a Wizard for a long time. He doesn't speak of Gil as anything but an asset to the team. . . .

Posted by: G-Man11 | November 5, 2010 2:45 PM

STRAW MAN ALERT! STRAW MAN ALERT! DANGER WILL ROBINSON! DANGER!

Who said anything about it being "painfully obvious" that Leonsis wanted to trade him? No one, of course. The fact is that he hasn't given any "painfully obvious" cues to his intentions either way.

Bottom line is, we have no concrete idea what Leonsis's plans for Arenas are.

None.

Posted by: kalo_rama | November 5, 2010 4:31 PM | Report abuse

......

Posted by: kalo_rama | November 5, 2010 4:34 PM | Report abuse

......

Posted by: kalo_rama | November 5, 2010 4:45 PM | Report abuse

Gil,

Drop 40 tonight and shut these clowns up!!! Let's Go Wizards!!!

Posted by: lemekdivine | November 5, 2010 4:53 PM | Report abuse

Gil,

Drop 40 tonight and shut these clowns up!!! Let's Go Wizards!!!

Posted by: lemekdivine | November 5, 2010 4:53 PM | Report abuse

im feeling feverish from what i saw tues nite knowing we are still with out gil and josh!

dust the ol girl off and tell her to start warming up her pipes.

Posted by: noodlez | November 5, 2010 4:55 PM | Report abuse

What is up with the site? Excuse the multiple postings.

Posted by: kalo_rama | November 5, 2010 5:05 PM | Report abuse

Ian Thomsen of SI.com did a redo of the '07 draft. some interesting choices.

Posted by: divi3 | November 5, 2010 2:50 PM | Report abuse

Thinking the same thing Divi3. Someone really went out of their way to make sure we knew that Thomasen would've selected Rudy Fernandez, i mean the Spanish Nick Young. Laughable. I'd trade them straight up right now tho just cuz i have a strange feeling that Flip would give Rudy serious run out here.

Posted by: lilhollywood10 | November 5, 2010 5:05 PM | Report abuse

Young is easily among the least interesting changes on that list. Hell, I think Thomsen took it easy on him, only dropping him 5 spots. Aaron Gray jumping up 20, however, needs a serious explanation.

Posted by: kalo_rama | November 5, 2010 5:11 PM | Report abuse

i would like to see arenas come into the game...score about 15pts. hit a couple of threes...all in 25 minutes or less. sit down after the game with no further injuries. go with that for a few games....no muss, no fuss....speculation on his future is premature...he has to re-establish his value.

Posted by: joerutgens72 | November 5, 2010 5:39 PM | Report abuse

I have a sense there will be some crow stuck in some craws after the game tonight.

Posted by: bazookajoe1 | November 5, 2010 6:47 PM | Report abuse

Chris Webber was a cancer on the team. Jordan was not even thought about as a Wizard, oops! It didn't even come into my head. Moses Malone played two years and averaged 22pts and 11 rebounds then played another 5-6 years and averaged 81 games for the next four. He was great for Washington. Malone was great, but, I just rank Chenier and Arenas higher. We also forgot about Bernard King, who I should have ranked as our #1 small forward. In their prime with Washington no small forward was more dominating.

Posted by: 1bmffwb | November 6, 2010 12:18 AM | Report abuse