Posted at 12:45 PM ET, 02/26/2011

Andray Blatche questionable against Dallas

By Michael Lee

Andray Blatche is questionable against the Dallas Mavericks on Saturday with a strained right hip. He missed the Wizards' 121-113 loss in Miami after getting injured in the third quarter in Philadelphia, but he had an adventurous day nonetheless.

Reports circulated about an alleged Twitter beef in which someone using his verified account -- Blatche claimed that it was hacked -- challenged an instigator to a fight after the Wizards host Dallas. Blatche denied posting the confrontational tweets and said he wasn't aware of them until a member of the Wizards' front office contacted him and his mother called for an explanation.

"I don't know what happened. I woke up in the morning, that's what it was," Blatche said with a shrug.

Blatche had been mentioned in trade speculation since late December, but when asked if he was relieved to survive the deadline, Blatche said, "I prepared myself either way, if I was going to be traded, if I wasn't going to get traded. It was what it was. I pretty much prepared for anything to happen. [I was nervous] a little earlier, when I first started to hear about it. After a while, I just stopped thinking about it, trying to focus on ball."

Blatche said he wouldn't change his focus for the final 25 games. "It's like I normally come out and play. Even though I'm in this little slump, I'm trying to compete and get some wins."

By Michael Lee  | February 26, 2011; 12:45 PM ET
Categories:  Andray Blatche
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: John Wall, Nick Young combine for 62 points, Wizards come up short in Miami
Next: Caron Butler can't play but still excited about D.C. homecoming

Comments

haha his mom was like "Andray (middle name) Blatche, don't you be picking fights with these kids. your grounded" Then Dray tweets, mom get off twitter your making me look bad in front of my boys.

Posted by: jefferu | February 26, 2011 1:21 PM | Report abuse

Dray is our best big man and the second best player on the team; let's release and get someone really good. There I summed it up for all you whiners about him and his play. Can he be better, I believe so. But never mind, let's trade him to Detrotit for Rip Hamilton, Ben Wallace and the rights to Rasheed Wallace(may have to trade with Green for that one) other players who weren't a damm.

Posted by: h20law2000 | February 26, 2011 1:48 PM | Report abuse

If he doesn't play, then the Wizards have a chance to compete. But even if they pull off a surprise win without him, Saunders will make sure he is in the lineup the next game to help tip the odds in favor of the opponent.

Posted by: dandyhuffman | February 26, 2011 1:50 PM | Report abuse

LOL! Anyone who thinks Mike Lee is a serious sports journalist capable of discussing the technical aspects of basketball is delusional. Lee is a glorified gossip columnist with sports credentials. Are you Mike Lee or Mike Walker? What a waste of time and space -- you keep regurgitating the same stupid stories. The National Enquirer is calling, Mike. Answer your phone.

Posted by: Fief1 | February 26, 2011 2:44 PM | Report abuse

"Lee is a glorified gossip columnist with sports credentials. "

Well, he should fit right in here, then.

Posted by: Samson151 | February 26, 2011 2:54 PM | Report abuse

I think there are alot of interesting matchups here. Howard back against the Mavs, a red hot Chandler vs a very confident McGee, and most of all the backcourts. Its not just Wall vs Kidd but its Wall & NY vs Kidd & Beaubois. Who will guard who?

On the real, the Mavs love Roddy way more then Kidd. I already seen them debating about which guy they should put on NY. I think the same goes for us. You would love to have Wall guarding Kidd but then its going to be 6'7 NY on 6ft Roddy. Is that a good thing when Roddy is a scorer?

On the other hand, NY is a great man defender and could be athletic enough to stay with him. Maybe still, you would rather have the speedy Wall guarding the speedy Beaubois. Then NY would be at the top of the D alot on Kidd which would be something new for him. Its hard to tell but maybe we should start NY on Roddy, even with the size differene.

The same thing goes on the other side. You know how I feel and I hope Flip is smart enough. The Mavs love Roddy & Terry but if they put those 2 super small cats on NY then I say post him all game untilt they stop it. NY should hurt them and it will take away from there Offense. Flip isnt smart enough to do it though and I could see them putting Kidd on NY alot anyways and letting Roddy guard the super fast Wall. Terry will still guard NY when he's in though.

If Kidd is on NY then we shouold still go to NY and let him take Kidd off the dribble. If NY's ankle is right and his IQ has gotten better then he should again dominate this game like he did the last. He has the matchup and if you want to get paid then you have to be consistent. Do it again NY

Posted by: dlts2041 | February 26, 2011 3:39 PM | Report abuse

yeah. sure you didnt send those tweets dray. give us a break

Posted by: slick3 | February 26, 2011 3:52 PM | Report abuse

They should have just titled the thread: "Andray Blatche questionable" and left it at that.Because, as we've seen, there's certainly no time limit for that condition.

Posted by: kalo_rama | February 26, 2011 4:25 PM | Report abuse

Check out how you can win two tickets and guest passes to the Lexus Suite for the Wizards game against the OKC Thunder when Kevin Durant comes to town: http://bit.ly/e4XGaY

Posted by: humen8r | February 27, 2011 12:05 AM | Report abuse