Posted at 12:02 PM ET, 02/10/2011

Jump ball: Must-see TV?

By Washington Post editors

Sunday's matchup between the Wizards (nearing the record for consecutive losses on the road) and the Cleveland Cavaliers (26 straight losses) is drawing a lot of attention, including some snarky remarks from former Cav LeBron James, via the Miami Herald:

"Something has to give in that game where they play the Wizards. I think that should be a nationally televised game right there, honestly."

Reader tundey says it [stinks] to hear him talk about the Wizards that way ...

But guess what? I wanna see the "Toilet Bowl" too.

What do you think? Are you "looking forward" to Sunday's game?

By Washington Post editors  | February 10, 2011; 12:02 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: One losing streak snapped
Next: Rashard Lewis says "surgery is an option" but plans to play through right knee pain

Comments

NBA contraction comes to mind. Maybe before the game is played.

Posted by: Cratchit | February 10, 2011 12:18 PM | Report abuse

Anyone have ESPN's the insider? Its probably nothing but something little but I wanted to see what they said about NY as being one of the leagues overachievers this year

Posted by: dlts2041 | February 10, 2011 12:24 PM | Report abuse

Another ridiculous question. Seriously, is this the intern's assignment?

Posted by: zinger1 | February 10, 2011 12:28 PM | Report abuse

I will go on record: I watch Wizard games infrequently but I am looking forward to this game. Right now I want that road win, and I'll take it however I can get it.

I agree with LeBron. This is a compelling game- a lot of people really do want to see it. The middle of the regular season is too devoid of storylines anyway.

Posted by: MyOpinionIs | February 10, 2011 1:05 PM | Report abuse

I really dislike LeBron James.....enough said...

Posted by: ejharrisjr40 | February 10, 2011 1:05 PM | Report abuse

Yea, I can'st stand that butt hole either. He always opening his trap because believe me he was putting down both teams. He is not to fond of Washingtonian fans and we don't like him either.

Posted by: ivyleague | February 10, 2011 1:14 PM | Report abuse

Assuming the Cavs don't beat the Clippers, that Cavs/Wiz game may be one of the most compelling and entertaining games of the regular season. Really, it's about the only game we'll see at this point in the season where there's really something meaningful at stake for both teams.

Posted by: kalo_rama | February 10, 2011 1:19 PM | Report abuse

the loser of cavs wizards game gets their GM fired probably. I still remember the Wiz cavs game I went to earlier this year and cavs beat us in our home court. No way can wizards beat the spurs saturday but cleveland is worth saving your energy for.

Posted by: jefferu | February 10, 2011 1:25 PM | Report abuse

without being insulting about it, its a game, we know the circumstances, thats it and thats all....

That kind of language is the just the kind that turns me against sports writers....

just report the news of sports, and stop adding the drama....be a man.

Posted by: weaverf | February 10, 2011 1:33 PM | Report abuse

Yeah, because drama in sports is . . . bad? Unmanly?

Huh?

Posted by: kalo_rama | February 10, 2011 1:41 PM | Report abuse

I hope Flip will rest his starters against San Antonio as the Zards are even more horrendous on back-to-backs when the 2nd is on the road.

Posted by: chillwill1 | February 10, 2011 2:03 PM | Report abuse

Talk about drama . . . There's a report out that Jazz coach Jerry Sloan will announce his resignation today.

Posted by: kalo_rama | February 10, 2011 2:07 PM | Report abuse

Why is it every time I hear LeBron speak or read a quote I think pampered-egomaniacal-ahole? Class is something that doesn't live in his neighborhood.

Posted by: rphilli721 | February 10, 2011 2:11 PM | Report abuse

Surely LeBron will ... oh yeah that's right, the Cleveland owner thought LeBron was a slave and issued a hate screed when he escaped, now no free agents worth their salt will go there.

I expect the roof to cave in in the sixth overtime, with the score 92-92

Posted by: Nemo24601 | February 10, 2011 2:51 PM | Report abuse

This is probably a mute (intentionally spelled that way) point, because I think the Cavs get off the schneid tomorrow and beat the Clippers.

But hey, there'd still be that ugly little road losing streak to tend to, so...

Posted by: BMoreChil | February 10, 2011 3:01 PM | Report abuse

I think it would be great for the Wizards if this was a nationally televised game with some good measure of negative hype surrounding them. Max amount of pressure possible for this season, would like to see how they respond. Or who responds and who doesnt. Perfect its against the Cavs whose fans love to jeer us already, building will be packed and raucous. This could be like a getting a playoff game experience without making the postseason

Posted by: divi3 | February 10, 2011 3:06 PM | Report abuse

After the Pistons beat the Cavs last night, some of the players said they took extra motivation from Tim Legler predicting on ESPN the Cavs would beat them. (Wilbon did the same, but he also predicted that they'd beat the Blazers a couple of noghts ago. I
m still trying to figure that one out.)

Posted by: kalo_rama | February 10, 2011 3:17 PM | Report abuse

I am looking forward to the game. I expect the Cavs to win as it will be the 2nd night of a back to back for the Wizards. Not sure if it will be televised out here in CA, but I wll check into NBA.com

Posted by: mcbaker | February 10, 2011 3:52 PM | Report abuse

Lebron said what myself and other cats I talk to have been saying for the last week. It's absolutely a must see game and should be on National TV. It's not pot stirring if it's true.

Posted by: moseley_brian | February 10, 2011 4:38 PM | Report abuse

Why is it that Lebronda can't keep his mouth shut when it comes to talking about his old team?

Posted by: PublicEnemy1 | February 10, 2011 4:41 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: PublicEnemy1 | February 10, 2011 4:41 PM | Report abuse

Lebron is light years better than your fave player on your fave team unless you're rocking with Kobe......and that's debatable.

Posted by: lilhollywood10 | February 10, 2011 4:51 PM | Report abuse

Toilet Bowl, toilet, bowl, toi......!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: glawrence007 | February 10, 2011 7:02 PM | Report abuse