Posted at 11:53 AM ET, 03/ 4/2011

Jump ball: labor storm clouds for the NBA?

By Washington Post Sports

Tom Boswell has a terrific column today on the lessons NFL owners and players should take from baseball and its labor strife of the mid-1990s. If you haven't read it yet, here it is. But as Jason Reid reminded us the other day, the NBA also has problems with its own economic model that could threaten next season.

Jason's point: Don't hate the player. Hate the game.

What do you think of the prospect of an NBA work stoppage next season?

By Washington Post Sports  | March 4, 2011; 11:53 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Lewis might need season-ending surgery
Next: Flip Saunders to coach vs. Minnesota following mother's death

Comments

NO MORE JUMP BALL.

Posted by: prescrunk | March 4, 2011 12:59 PM | Report abuse

gonna have to agree with prescrunk here. the questions are usually pointless and insulting. "Gee, I think the imminent NBA work stoppage is super."

Posted by: tmilt27@aol.com | March 4, 2011 1:26 PM | Report abuse

Sorry Mike Lee, you know I'm not always in agreement but I too must 3rd the motion to dump the jump ball gig! Starting to look like an excuse for you not to work!

NFL work stoppage dominating ESPN is enough, don't you think so?

Posted by: zack5 | March 4, 2011 1:35 PM | Report abuse

Miss the posting about Flip haing to miss nother game as I was on travel but I really wish the best for Flip's mom and all should be praying for a speedy and healthy recovery for her. I'm hoping Flip decides that being by her side is much more important than coaching this team (believe me, they're much better NBA jobs than this one). He should pull a Lou Pinela and be with his mom as it's certain that he feels the need to miss games to be by her side. You only get one Flip, you only get one!
No disrespect but . . . is it bad to think this the only way we'll get him out of here?

Posted by: zack5 | March 4, 2011 2:18 PM | Report abuse

Yeah Zack...that's pretty ignorant all factors considered.

It's just not that serious.

Posted by: SDMDTSU | March 4, 2011 2:28 PM | Report abuse

Yeah Zack...that's pretty ignorant all factors considered.

It's just not that serious.

Posted by: SDMDTSU | March 4, 2011 2:28 PM | Report abuse

lets not call the guy ignorant. Certainly not classy, but not warranting being called ignorant. There seemed to be genuine concern prior to the last sentence.

Posted by: lilhollywood10 | March 4, 2011 2:47 PM | Report abuse

I didn't call him ignorant. I called the statement ignorant.

Posted by: SDMDTSU | March 4, 2011 2:55 PM | Report abuse

Yeah Zack...that's pretty ignorant all factors considered.

It's just not that serious.

Posted by: SDMDTSU

Look, I'd be the 1st to say that the very last comment should have been thought out before typed. Mean't nothing negative to the Saunders family as I too have lost a parent that I was very close to. The comment was made before I learned of her passing but it is not an excuse for the post. I still say Family 1st and everything else comes afterwards. I stand by the posting however, mean't no disrespect to him or his family.

Posted by: zack5 | March 4, 2011 7:09 PM | Report abuse