Posted at 6:06 PM ET, 03/10/2011

Trevor Booker avoids D-League demotion, plays harder

By Michael Lee

The Wizards have had a hard time keeping Trevor Booker off the court, with his tenacity and ability to influence the game with some hard-nosed play. But there was a time when that wasn't always the case.

Coach Flip Saunders revealed on Thursday that he considered sending Booker to the team's Development-League affiliate, the Dakota Wizards, before Booker gave him reason to think otherwise.

"We had a sit-down, about two months ago and I said, 'Your greatest strength is that you play hard. If you're not going to play hard, we're going to send you up to North Dakota, so you can get some time up there. I said, because I know what you do, if you play hard, you can be a very effective player in this league. From that time forward, he's played hard every time."

Booker said he didn't really know how to take the threat of a D-League demotion. "I still did my same routine. I still got extra shots up. Nothing changed really. I just wanted an opportunity to get on the court."

Booker has had some flashes in recent weeks, scoring a career-high 21 points twice and grabbing a career-high 12 rebounds as well. He only had seven points and seven rebounds in a win over Minnesota on Saturday, but he completely turned around the game with his high-energy dunks.

"I'm proud of him, happy, extremely excited about where he's been," Saunders said. "When he came out of the draft, we thought he was going to be a guy who could fit into what we'd like and a guy that would play hard, would always bring something to the game, as all rookies, it's tough at the beginning, we had some guys that were here, and as he got opportunities, early in the year, he didn't always take advantage of them, all of the time. He didn't always play at the level that you wanted him to play."

When asked if his improved play was sparked by a possible move to Bismark, N.D., Booker said, "No, because I knew what I do once I got on the court. I just needed an opportunity. I just try to give a lot of energy and that rebounding. We definitely needed that rebounding, so I think the last few games, I've done a really good job rebounding, but I think I could do better."

Booker will likely have a challenge on Saturday, when the Wizards welcome Blake Griffin and the Los Angeles Clippers at Verizon Center. The Wizards will be shorthanded up front, with Andray Blatche and Rashard Lewis still nursing injuries. Blatche sprained his right shoulder in Tuesday's loss to Milwaukee and he still has limited mobility with his arm. He was unable to lift his arm above his head on Thursday.

"Right now, I don't anticipate having either one," Saunders said.

Saunders wasn't ready to insert Booker in the starting lineup. "We'll have to see. More than likely, we'll have Trevor matched up. the thing is, we like what he does for us off the bench, too. I guess we'll wait and see how, like I said, our guys are going through tryouts this week. Guys will all have opportunities."

Booker said he is looking forward to getting more opportunities in the final 19 games. "I just get stronger as the season goes. Just keep working on my game, so I keep my confidence high, so I play with a lot of energy," Booker said. "I think I've had a pretty good season. Could I do better? Yeah. I'm just going to keep working. In practice, I'm just trying to get the guys ready. Try to talk junk to the other team, just try to be competitive with those two guys out. Those guys are a big part of our team. We've got to be prepared for it, because injuries happen."

Saunders said he has been pleased by Booker's growth. "I think over the past four weeks, he's been one of the top rookies in the league, how he's played."

By Michael Lee  | March 10, 2011; 6:06 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Josh Howard returns to practice
Next: Near-demotion spurs Trevor Booker

Comments

Even if AB and Lewis were healthy, I'd still be trying to match Book up with Griffin. He's the only one with a shot at keeping up.

Posted by: ts35 | March 10, 2011 6:22 PM | Report abuse

Now that might be fun to watch.

Posted by: Samson151 | March 10, 2011 6:41 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: dfresh58 | March 10, 2011 7:09 PM | Report abuse

Of the four picks, he's definitely second only to WALL, and if he had JOHN's minutes all season, I don't think he would be that far behind J-WOW.

Posted by: glawrence007 | March 10, 2011 7:33 PM | Report abuse

You hear what Flip said vs. what Booker said? Flip is outta here this summer. He thought he was coming to that perennial playoff team with the Big 3. He isn't a coach to re-build. That being said, this mess isn't his fault and nobody could coach this team to the playoffs. However, there is a real disconnect between player and coach.

Posted by: furious50 | March 10, 2011 7:40 PM | Report abuse

Ted should rehire that shooting coach that we used to have. This team needs him.

Posted by: VBFan | March 10, 2011 4:47 PM | Report abuse

Damned right. DAVE HOPLA is needed. I mean, we needed him with vets, but rookies don't need him? Come on. And how much did he cost? Peanuts. Are the 'ZARDS so cheap, or so stupid, they can't see the obvious need for his reprise?

Posted by: glawrence007 | March 10, 2011 7:41 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: glawrence007 | March 10, 2011 7:43 PM | Report abuse

Saunders always sounds like a complete idiot. From telling Young he couldn't shoot, to 3 guard lineups, this latest comment about Booker. I think most people would agree that Booker always plays hard. We have been bewildered by the way he was used all year. This team will not improve with Saunders, he wont let them. He will get injured players to play when they should be healing. Go get Jeff Van Gundy or someone else that can coach a team next year with 2 # 1's Wall, Booker, Seraphin, McGee, Crawford, Young, Hamady, and a couple of free agents. Trade Blatche or make him stand tall. Saunders has had two incredibly destructing years. It is even his fault that Gilbert though he could bring guns to the Arena. A respected coach would not have had that situation occur. Has any other coach gone through that?

Posted by: 1bmffwb | March 10, 2011 8:08 PM | Report abuse

@1bmffwb,

Completely agree. Play hard? That's all he's done. He would be in Dakota right now if Flip wasn't forced into playing him. Now Flip wants to take credit?

Man get this clown outta here. Personally I'm sure he's a great guy and we appreciate the time Flip but this ship has run its course.

Posted by: sire1 | March 10, 2011 8:15 PM | Report abuse

"I have no idea how I am just noticing this but we picked Pech ahead of Rondo? '06 draft reminds me a lot of this one upcoming, very murky, everyone outside of brandon roy had a glaring flaw in their game coming into the leaguePosted by: dfresh58"

I have no idea how you're just noticing that, either.

BTW, Brandon Roy went sixth...and was traded.

Posted by: Samson151 | March 10, 2011 8:46 PM | Report abuse

"Saunders always sounds like a complete idiot."

he's not the only one...

Posted by: Samson151 | March 10, 2011 9:16 PM | Report abuse

Flip: "What I said changed everything for him."

Book: "What he said changed nothing for me."

Get Flip out of here.

Posted by: DKSW | March 10, 2011 9:25 PM | Report abuse

Flip has to go. How would he even make that statement to Booker about the D League, when he wouldn't give him any significant PT. The only way young players get any time in his system is through injuries or trades, and he is forced to play them. i.e. Young, Booker, Blatche, McGee. But once they get some time he wants to grab all the credit. He had to play Wall or he would have been outta here sooner!! PLease get him outta here.

Posted by: garrybrown | March 10, 2011 9:26 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: 1bmffwb

----

oh, man, lotta hilarious posts here today but this definitely wins the prize.
rofl

Posted by: MinuMang | March 10, 2011 9:26 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: rnbrown4 | March 10, 2011 9:28 PM | Report abuse

Bismarck not Bismark. I'm not sure why you always get that wrong. Didn't anybody at the Post learn their state capitals?

Posted by: griff99 | March 10, 2011 9:29 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: 1bmffwb

Well, the coach with the most titles in history had his star player accused of rape, and during the midst of the Bulls' title run had his second best player arrested for illegally carrying a gun. Rick Carlisle, who most would say is on about the same middlin' level as Flip, had players go into the stands and brawl with fans. He also had a player actually fire his gun after a fight outside a strip club. Mike Brown had a player riding around on the highway with a small arsenal. PJ Carlesimo was actually choked by one of his players. Do I have to continue?

Posted by: ts35 | March 10, 2011 9:53 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: rnbrown4 | March 10, 2011 9:28 PM | Report abuse

Seriously? After 3 years of listening to people moan about rogr mason leaving now we have to hear it about dom?

Look, I liked Dom...he hustled, he worked hard. But he is never going to be more than he is now.

Booker will advance and get better. Dom avg 4 boards and 3 pts a game while Booker is avg 4 pts and 3 boards. But Dom has been in the league for 3 years.

Plus, no one hired Booker for his speed or ehight. they hired him to make back to bakc putbacks over Kevin Love.

Anyone seen Dom do that recently?

Posted by: Blurred | March 10, 2011 10:24 PM | Report abuse

The comments here kind of remind me of everyday life. Parents that cuss out the crossing patrol guard or simply ignore him/her,buy shoes at Kohls-wear them once or twice to a special occasion then return them for full credit and brag about it,parents who are rude as hell to the hired clerks and (pick a chain) stores act like total rude wankers and brag about it. Then ask all within earshot how is it that my children won't listen,are rude,think that they are entitled to everything etc etc.See a pattern here? Children watch us all the time,they mimic our behavior no matter how abhorrent it is,then their behavior is foolishly questioned in shocking fashion,while we blindly ignore what total a-holes we have acted like in front of them. Shocking. Same here,we get or perceive to get as a team what we have reaped upon them,they are horrible,Booker is terrible a bench riding fake,get the picture here.I know this does not apply to all of you and apologize if it is taken that way but those it does not apply to surely see what I am speaking of,and surely get the comparison. Those that this is directed at (for one it would be YOU rnbrown--"Booker should have been sent to the D-league. He's not going to be in the league in 3yrs unless someone needs an end of the bench player. Just another wasted pick by Ernie. We already had a Booker in McGuire. He couldn't shoot either and he was bigger and quicker than Booker. This team is ruined for the next 5yrs thanks to Ernie and Flip.") need to understand how stupid and ridiculous you are and sound. I'd bet anything you have asked yourselves the same thing about how on earth it is your children have no manners,look in the MIRROR,monkey see monkey do,when you belittle clerks,cuss out crossing guards etc etc, you make it clear that YOU are the most important person in the world,and since your little ones are a part of you guess what they think the same. Now it goes without saying that you are rude and an imbecile,but to raise more ignorant,rude slobs such as yourself,then have the gall to complain about it is purely God's comeuppance,again we all reap what we sew,and you arrogant yahoos,reap and sew way too damn much. So in closing if all you can do is make ridiculous,ignorant remarks based in nothing,do us all a favor---keep it to yourselves.And the next time you are having a bad day and decide to take it out on the poor minimum wage clerk at the store---remember what lesson you are teaching your child,if nothing at least think of that,we all know you are FAR TOO IMPORTANT to care about what an ignoramus YOU really are,and that YOU are far too important to have to deal with the petty little people you fell are beneath you,but at least do it for your kids. And nb Booker will be a damn good player and you will be choking on those words,no you will be telling us all how all along you tried to tell us just how good he would be--jokes,so many of you are just jokes.

Posted by: mfowler1 | March 10, 2011 10:34 PM | Report abuse

I agree. There is obvious disconnect between player and coach, and has been all season. The way Flip talks about players to the media is rediculous.

Also, it has always bothered me whenever Grunfeld is talking about the state of the team or a player they've acquired how he talks as if he's speaking to a 5 yr old.

Posted by: Darnell1 | March 10, 2011 11:01 PM | Report abuse

My hope is Ted makes a major move this offseason regarding GM & coach.

I would love to see a Larry Brown(GM) and Mark Jackson(head coach) tandem. I'd also be in favor of bringing JVG into the same division as his brother and mentor (Riley).

Posted by: Darnell1 | March 10, 2011 11:05 PM | Report abuse

Anyone seen Dom do that recently?

Posted by: Blurred | March 10, 2011 10:24 PM | Report abuse

Sorry about VCU blurred. We gotta' win our next one to get it also.

Posted by: glawrence007 | March 10, 2011 11:11 PM | Report abuse

Player moves I'd like to see...

The #1 goal IMO is addressing the center position. We have huge cap space this offseason, and I'd really like to see us go for FA center Marc Gasol. I love his game, high bball IQ, passes well, 7-1 and plays physical, can pick n pop. Start Gasol at center, with McGee and N'Diaye to back up.

Draft I would use both 1st round picks on forwards to bolster the frontcourt (one SF and one PF). Something like Sullinger and Singleton, or Terrance Jones and Markieff Morris. Add those 2 to the mix of Lewis, Booker, Blatche, Seraphin, Martin.

2nd rounder I'd take a guard to bolster the backcourt depth, like Buford or Hansbrough. Add to the mix of Young, Crawford, Shakur, Wall.

Posted by: Darnell1 | March 10, 2011 11:14 PM | Report abuse

And actually a real good fit for our 2nd rounder could be defensive specialist SG Justin Holiday, senior from Washington and brother of Jrue Holiday. Although I do really like Hansbrough.

But how's that for an offseason?

Free Agent - C Marc Gasol
1st round pick - SF Terrance Jones
1st round pick - PF Markieff Morris
2nd round pick - SG Justin Holiday

New Roster
Center - Gasol, McGee, N'Diaye
Forward - Jones, Lewis, Booker, Blatche, Morris, Seraphin, Martin
Guard - Young, Holiday, Crawford, Shakur, Wall

Posted by: Darnell1 | March 10, 2011 11:36 PM | Report abuse

If you look at the talent on this Team, I wonder how Flip thought it was a real consideration to send Booker to the D'League? Booker whom with all his too short to be a forward and all that, but balls everytime he gets a chance.

I wonder how the Flip protagonist explain this little nugget by Flip.

Samson151, Kalo_rama, can you step to the page please and answer for why Flip wanted to send Booker to the D-League? Please, Sirs.

The page is yours.

LarryInClintonMD.

Posted by: LarryInClintonMD | March 11, 2011 12:08 AM | Report abuse

SDMDTSU, you're included. I certainly did not mean to leave you out. Step to the page please and explain this crude wisdom of your boy Flip.

LarryInClintonMD.

Posted by: LarryInClintonMD | March 11, 2011 12:12 AM | Report abuse

"But how's that for an offseason?

Free Agent - C Marc Gasol"

Posted by: Darnell1 | March 10, 2011 11:36 PM

After suffering through several years of rebuilding in Memphis and finally seeing some light at the end of the tunnel, why would Gasol leave Memphis to join a Wizards team that's still in stage one of rebuilding?

Posted by: kalo_rama | March 11, 2011 12:21 AM | Report abuse

"Saunders always sounds like a complete idiot."

he's not the only one...

Posted by: Samson151 | March 10, 2011 9:16 PM | Report abuse

Samson151,

I am going to take advantage of this opportunity since you aren't right very often but you are right about this post.

Posted by: bulletsfan78 | March 11, 2011 12:47 AM | Report abuse

I feel like if the Wizards can draft two solid
contributers to add to the mix of young guys
we will be one step closer to being a real threat
in 2013.

By 2013 you will probably see four guys from
this roster.

Posted by: grayterrence | March 11, 2011 1:59 AM | Report abuse

Flip has to go bottom line. This post is just another example of how he doesn't know what he's doing.

He needs to be in McGee's ear all day about playing hard and set ultimatums to play hard or watch. So sick of flip

Posted by: DMoney28 | March 11, 2011 2:40 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: kalo_rama

Posted by: ts35 | March 11, 2011 3:26 AM | Report abuse

The page is yours.

LarryInClintonMD.

A) I don't know why they should bother, you're not going to buy it even if what they or anyone says makes sense.

B) Flip explained it himself. Believe him, or don't.

Maybe he saw Booker starting to slack a bit either in games or in practice, or maybe it was just the same kind of motivational tactics coaches use all the time. Whether it was necessary or not, I don't mind Flip doing it. I do think it was not a good idea for him to mention it in the press though. Like a lot of other Flip pronouncements, it comes across a little too self-aggrandizing. However, that doesn't mean he's wrong. He's certainly right about how Booker needs to play.

Posted by: ts35 | March 11, 2011 3:52 AM | Report abuse

"Ernie and the faithful followers on here post stupid comments everyday when they try to defend a hopeless organization like the Ernie and Flip Wizards.Posted by: bulletsfan78"

You're proving my point, y'know...

Posted by: Samson151 | March 11, 2011 7:17 AM | Report abuse

...I just dont get why Flip plays anybody other than rookies and 2-3 year players for these last 16-17 games. Even if they plan to sign and trade some of their veterans who are coming off injury this summer why make them play at less than 100% now and reduce their value later? Ted must have a plan to replace EG well before the draft...there has got to be a better evaluator of young college talent than EG. We won't need his particular skill of putting together trades of veteran players to make a real run for a # of years. More than likely we wont even be able to smartly spend all of our FA $s next year, because there wont be any quality established big men willing to come play for the Wiz, just yet. More reason to exit EG sooner than later. And of coarse you want the new GM in place to help hire Flip's replacement...also as soon as possible. Need to be patient, Ted has a plan, I trust.

Posted by: oddjob1 | March 11, 2011 7:31 AM | Report abuse

"B) Flip explained it himself. Believe him, or don't."

Evidence is, they don't. And never will, no matter what arguments he uses. So why bother?

Posted by: Samson151 | March 11, 2011 7:31 AM | Report abuse

"When asked if his improved play was sparked by a possible move to Bismark, N.D., Booker said, "No..."

Trevor is from South Carolina. Flip might as well as threatened to send him to Nome as ND in January.

Posted by: Samson151 | March 11, 2011 7:33 AM | Report abuse

"...I just dont get why Flip plays anybody other than rookies and 2-3 year players for these last 16-17 games."

Flip comes from the school that says you need to play the inexperienced alongside veterans in order for the young to improve. Otherwise the kids will just reinforce their mutual mistakes.

Posted by: Samson151 | March 11, 2011 7:36 AM | Report abuse

Furious you're right - for Saunders to claim Booker wasn't playing hard is truly insane....every time Booker is on the court he's the wild man of Borneo. Flip is history as is Ernie and I'm sure Ted will the same playbook he used to build the Caps into a perennial contender...and that requires a GM that has a brain and a young, dynamic coach instead of a retread.

Posted by: nativedc | March 11, 2011 8:33 AM | Report abuse

"and that requires a GM that has a brain and a young, dynamic coach instead of a retread.
Posted by: nativedc"

Well, it's possible that Frank Vogel may be available once the season ends...

Posted by: Samson151 | March 11, 2011 8:51 AM | Report abuse

"for Saunders to claim Booker wasn't playing hard is truly insane....every time Booker is on the court he's the wild man of Borneo."

BTW, while I'm at it, I should point out that playing hard and being 'the wild man of Borneo' are not synonymous.

Posted by: Samson151 | March 11, 2011 8:53 AM | Report abuse

Kalorama, regarding pursuit of Gasol...

For one we can offer him alot of money. We have huge cap space, & will still have future flexibility w/ Lewis' deal off books in near future. For another, he plays in MEMPHIS. Who wants to play in Memphis? DC is a mojor market offering major exposure. We can off him being a conerstone feature piece, along with Wall, and whoever our top pick is (Sullinger, Jones, etc.). We have front court size to him unburden him inside, McGee, Lewis, Blatche, Seraphin, Booker, etc. We have an ace PG that will get him the ball. We have a coach that loves pick & roll and will get him shots on the regular. He will be a star of an up & coming team. I mean come on we're talking DC or Memphis? Remember Gasol is foreign, and internationally the 2 most well known US cities are NY & DC.

In any case I think it's worth a try. He'd be a perfect fit for this team.

Posted by: Darnell1 | March 11, 2011 8:59 AM | Report abuse

Kalorama, regarding pursuit of Gasol...

In any case I think it's worth a try. He'd be a perfect fit for this team.

Posted by: Darnell1 | March 11, 2011 9:00 AM | Report abuse

Also, watched the Washington vs WA State game last night to see Justin Holiday & he'd be a great 2nd round pick for us. Very fast, quick & athletic defender, wrecks havoc on the perimeter, has nose for ball. He could be nice off the bench to defend & get some steals w/ Wall in backcourt.

Posted by: Darnell1 | March 11, 2011 9:07 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Darnell1 | March 11, 2011 9:11 AM | Report abuse

Also, regarding Gasol, maybe we can work a sign & trade w/ memphis involving Blatche? You can see both were 2nd rounders, similar age, numbers & skillset. might not be too crazy, especially if Blatche is cheaper, & threat of loosing Gasol for nothing.

Posted by: Darnell1 | March 11, 2011 9:15 AM | Report abuse

I'd even consider Blatche & McGee for Gasol. Memphis might do that, if you look at the numbers. Plus memphis fans love to watch dunks and McGee's got lots of 'em! Plus memphis may loose their PF, and they're a young team built around Gay & Blatche/Mcgee can fit nicely into that.

Posted by: Darnell1 | March 11, 2011 9:21 AM | Report abuse

Booker is playing well, so this whole discussion is academic.

But why isn't N'Diaye still in the D-League? I thought they brought him back because he "tweaked" his knee, and they wanted the team's medical staff to look at him. He wasn't brought back because he was tearing up the D-League.

Posted by: PostSubscriber | March 11, 2011 9:32 AM | Report abuse

We got the 'BOOK' now 'flip' the page

Posted by: aypub | March 11, 2011 9:37 AM | Report abuse

"For one we can offer him alot of money. "

Memphis can offer him more.

"For another, he plays in MEMPHIS. Who wants to play in Memphis? DC is a mojor market offering major exposure."

Exposure to what? When was the last time the Wizards were on national TV? Doesn't matter how big the market is if the no one pays attention because the team sucks, which the Wizards do.

"We have front court size to him unburden him inside, McGee, Lewis, Blatche, Seraphin, Booker, etc. "

That's a joke, right?

"We have an ace PG that will get him the ball. We have a coach that loves pick & roll and will get him shots on the regular. "

Mike Conley hasn't seemed to have any trouble getting him the ball.

"We have a coach that loves pick & roll and will get him shots on the regular. "

Lionel Hollins hasn't seemed to have any trouble getting him "shots on the regular."

"He will be a star of an up & coming team."

He's already the star of an up and coming team.

"I mean come on we're talking DC or Memphis? Remember Gasol is foreign, and internationally the 2 most well known US cities are NY & DC."
"Posted by: Darnell1 | March 11, 2011 9:00 AM"

Yeah, because foreign players only play for internationally well-known cities. Everybody knows that, right?

Gasol is not coming here.

Posted by: kalo_rama | March 11, 2011 9:42 AM | Report abuse

And it's not like Memphis and Washington will be the only bidders. Plenty of teams will be after Gasol, teams with more to offer than Washington. In their current state, the Wiz have nothing in addition to money that would entice an A-list FA. Nothing. And money alone won't be enough because every team will be offering him that.

Posted by: kalo_rama | March 11, 2011 9:49 AM | Report abuse

Samson151 - man get a life...you'd be perfect running the DMV. "I'm sorry sir, you're in the wrong line."

Posted by: nativedc | March 11, 2011 9:50 AM | Report abuse

"If they offer significantly more money than anyone else (and than he's probably worth). Thats the only one I can come up with."

Posted by: ts35 | March 11, 2011 3:26 AM

And, as noted, Memphis can (and almost certainly will) offer him more.

Posted by: kalo_rama | March 11, 2011 10:09 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: ts35 | March 11, 2011 3:26 AM

And, as noted, Memphis can (and almost certainly will) offer him more.
Posted by: kalo_rama

Posted by: ts35 | March 11, 2011 11:03 AM | Report abuse

Gasol's not even that good, the type of player who will definitely be overpaid so I'd be surprised if he was in Ted's plans.

Posted by: divi3 | March 11, 2011 11:41 AM | Report abuse

"More than likely. At the same time, they also have to worry about whether to re-sign Zach. If they do, it will put a cap on how much they can spend on Gasol. If they don't Gasol could have legit questions about how good Memphis will actually be going forward."

Posted by: ts35 | March 11, 2011 11:03 AM

Even if that's true (and I don't necessarily believe it is) there's still nothing there to suggest that the Wizards are a team he'd consider.

Even without Randolph, the Grizzlies would still be further along in their development than Washington. Also, if the lose Randolph and re-sign Gasol, Memphis could still (depending what happens with the CBA) have cap space left over to snag another FA. And it's not like Memphis or Washington will be his only options. If Gasol hits the market, there will be plenty of teams interested in him, and other teams have money and trade assets too. Moreover, based on both Leonsis's public comments and Grunfeld's deal making, there's nothing to suggest that the Wizards are looking to overspend on FAs at this point in the rebuild, esp. non-franchise level FAs.

Impossible? Not strictly speaking. Likely? Not even a little bit.

Posted by: kalo_rama | March 11, 2011 11:49 AM | Report abuse

Apparently Book didn't think so. Saunders is an idiot. Get him out of here. The jump ball should be , " Who wants Saunders out of here. He's a mook!

Posted by: bobilly2 | March 11, 2011 4:56 PM | Report abuse

Anyone who mentions ndaye is absurd.........

Posted by: bobilly2 | March 11, 2011 5:06 PM | Report abuse

I wish they could send coaches to the D-League, Flip would be outta here!

Posted by: jbworldwide | March 11, 2011 5:37 PM | Report abuse

Flip was thinking about sending Booker down? What an idiot. That just shows me that this guy has no eye for talent. Booker has shown he can play, some of the movers of Saunders and Grufeld have boggled my mind. First the should have signed Livingston to play with Wall and that banger they had last season Singleton should not have been allowed to leave and we pick up pillow soft playing Yi. These 2 guys do not know how to build a team, get a new gm and hire that former Cavs coach who was fired after winning 60 games and we will have a team.

Posted by: stephenwilson2003@yahoo.com | March 11, 2011 10:28 PM | Report abuse